Duties and responsibilities of an Operator:
- Operators must be able to push and pull wheelchairs and assist our clients in and out of their homes, in and out of our vehicles, and in and out of doctors' offices.
- An operator should be able to stand, sit, walk, bend, and squat throughout the day in a variety of weather conditions without undue hardship.
- TACK has no set hours of operation. Work schedules are created per our clients' needs and destinations (to & from medical facilities, to & from the grocery store on specific senior days, to & from adult daycare centers and senior centers.) However, TACK is available to operate Monday thru Friday (5 AM-8 PM) and we do have some Saturday morning transportation requirements.
- Operators are responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicles they drive. We provide door to door service for our clients.
- Operators are responsible for daily paperwork (pre-trip inspection form, fuel and mileage log, time sheet, also daily Manifest (which supplies the Driver/ Operator information on pick up and drop off points for clients as well as pick up and drop off times.)
- Operators are expected to communicate verbally with clients and dispatch personnel and in writing when there is a reportable incident. Integrity and a strong sense to serve are important components to the job.
The form below must be filled in and completed when making an application.Application Forms