How to Ride
Planning your first Trip with TACK:
RIDERS MUST RESIDE IN HARDIN OR MEADE COUNTY TO BE ELIGIBLE.
To plan your first trip, call TACK at 270-765-2612 or 833-623-1913 to speak with a Reservationist to get started. You will need the following information to start a profile and to schedule your first trip:
- First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Physical Address
- Directions to your physical address (if needed)
- Last 4 digits of SSN
To Schedule a trip:
- TACK is a pre-paid service. Payment with a credit, debit, or bank card is required at the time of making the reservation. No reservations or trips will be created without payment.
- Riders who wish to pay in cash may do so in person by visiting TACK at 1209 Dixie Hwy., Elizabethtown, KY 42701.
- Make sure to tell the reservationist if the rider or attendant uses a wheelchair or other mobility device. Failure to notify TACK at the time of the reservation may result in a non-wheelchair vehicle being sent to pick you up, and your trip will be cancelled.
- Identify your pick-up and drop-off addresses (the name of a business or doctor is not enough, we need an actual address).
- Riders are allowed to bring one attendant to assist them (this does not include work or workforce trips). You must inform the reservationist when you schedule your trip. If the TACK vehicle arrives and the attendant is not on the reservation, they will not ride.
- Specify the time you need to be dropped off.
- Identify your return pick-up and drop-off locations.
- If you have an appointment with a doctor, we understand you will not truly know how long you will be in the doctor’s office, but we ask you to provide a good estimated time for your return.
- Please take our phone number with you to your appointment and call our office when you are ready.
- When your appointment is complete, call TACK to let us know you are ready.
*** Do not call before you are actually done with your appointment and you are ready. If the driver arrives and you are not ready when they arrive, they will not wait. The driver will leave without you and you will not get another ride that day.
- Medicaid recipients must call GRITS (the Medicaid broker) at 800-816-3511. TACK cannot make trip reservations for Medicaid trips. All Medicaid related reservations, trips and program information is provided by GRITS, not TACK.